Monday, August 07, 2006

Music is for Lunch

So my weekend was pretty uneventful. It was kind of a suckfest. I didn't get to go to cruise night. The person I had planned on going with was stuck in Elmira at a job interview - so I can't really be upset with him for that. So that pretty much sucked.
Saturday night I went out with my friend who just got back from his cottage. We were supposed to have a bonfire but that plan fell apart so where did we go? Tim Horton's, yep, we went and bought coffee at 11pm. Then the boys had to stop for pizza. Because there's nothing better than pizza and coffee around midnight. After the pizza stop we went to S's house where we watched late night TV and my ride left without me. Again with the sucking. So my friends walked me home from S's house which took over an hour. I finally got home around 2am.
I think the walk home was the best part because I was talking with S who like me knows a lot about 80's music and when I talked about obscure bands he knew what I was talking about. And he's actually read Anthony Kiedis' "Scar Tissue", Tommy Lee's "Tommyland" and Motley Crue's "Dirt"...I was so impressed because nobody else I know except Hick Chic has read any of those. I haven't read the Motley Crue's or Tommy Lee's book but I'd like to, so it was this really awesome conversation about music. And he knew what CBGB's was - which was really impressive because all my other friends look at me funny and say "HUH?" when I mention CBGB's . So even though the rest of the weekend sucked there was this really great conversation about music with someone who could match my musical knowledge. And I was grateful that my Dad had taught me about so many bands and CBGB's ...(otherwise I would have looked like a loser which I do often enough by myself).

3 comments:

Heidi the Hick said...

Silly question: do I know S?

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

Nope. S is a friend I met through another friend.

dilling said...

maybe not so sucky! you might remember this great conversation forever... it's always nice to meet a kindred spirit...