Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Who Knew

Who knew that work would be like high school all over again? I certainly didn't, especially since most of the people I work with are older than me. I never thought that working in a grocery store would produce so much drama...
And to be honest for once in my life I want no part of it. I don't care if that means I'm not popular or people at work think less of me. I just want to get along with everyone, do my job and save some money for school. I guess that's too much to ask. I try to get along with everyone, keep to myself and keep my mouth shut. For those of you who know me personally know that I have a big mouth and keeping it shut is not an easy task. But I try because I don't want rumours, gossip or any of the other bullshit that goes along with it.
I feel like in the end none of this matters because this is just a job to help pay for school and in two years I will hopefully have a job that does not involve a grocery store.
So as I struggle to fix the little situation I have inadverently put myself in I must come to realise that ...
  • people will always talk, if they didn't they'd have to go back to their own boring lives
  • no matter what you do you can't stop a rumour or people from talking
  • anybody that is worth time, will want the truth from you and nothing less
  • people ask for the truth but can't handle it or deal with it poorly because they never expect anyone to actually give them the truth...they expect to hear what they want, you know the good stuff, never the bad
  • and my mouth must remain shut, because it only ever gets me in trouble

4 comments:

Michael Colvin said...

Work is EXACTLY like school. But without the dead arms and legs. Is it wrong to miss giving people dead arms?

Heidi the Hick said...

Well, KC, those are words of wisdom that you'be come up with.

dilling said...

People are people, wherever you go...some are highly disppointing and make you appreciate you pets just that much more...but, oh gosh, really, sometimes somebody just comes along who is so delightful to make your day, or your week or even your whole lifetime. That's one of the mysteries of the universe!

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

I thought it would be different but apparently I was wrong...VERY WRONG. So, I am going to continue to be polite, talk to everyone but I'm staying away from everything else and if that makes me mean or anything else...Oh Well, because it's just a job.