Thursday, August 03, 2006

My Embarrassing Moment

Yesterday, I embarassed myself. At work. Yep, made a fool of myself at work. Actually, it's not completely my fault. There was a mix up in the schedule, so I came to work in my uniform already to go but when I check in the supervisor tells me that I work today not yesterday. So there I was telling her that my schedule said that I was supposed to work on Wednesday not Thursday. So as it turns out my schedule said DID say Wednesday and hers said THURSDAY, so I had to go back home which is 45 minutes in the bus. It was really embarassing and all the other employees were teasing and making fun of me because of the mix up. I did the best I could to laugh it off but I could tell my face was red and hot. I felt so embarrassed that I wanted to puke. And it really wasn't my fault the schedule was wrong but I felt so embarrassed because I'm still new there, I've only been there a couple weeks and sure everyone will hopefully forget but I still have to face it today. So, I'm going to work in a couple hours and I am not going to cry, throw up or let any one bother me because I know this has happened to others, they're just to embarassed to talk about it.

4 comments:

dilling said...

It has happened to EVERYBODY! I literally still wake up from dreams about work scheduling from jobs I haven't worked in years!!! Sad, isn't it?
At least you didn't MISS YOUR DAY!!! Now that would be something to cry about!
Be kind to yourself.

Heidi the Hick said...

Just tell them you loooooove working there soooo much!

dilling said...

Me again...may I link so that I can come directly to your site?

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

link away!