Monday, July 17, 2006

Addicted

Yes, I have an addiction to...www.icoke.ca.
It all started with a 500ml bottle of coke. Apparently there are points that you can enter to win concert tickets, trips, CDs all sorts of good stuff. (I am determined to get at least 10, 000 points because then you can buy concert tickets.) Mc Donald's, Cineplex Odeon and Coke have collaberated to drive people like me in to debt. Yep, I'm running around like a madman trying to get enough points. And some points have expiry dates so then you have to waste your dollar and fourty-nine cents for points that are useless. Well I will admit that I do like Coke, in fact I love Coke - it kicks Pepsi's ass any day. Okay, that's a lie. Diet Pepsi is better than Diet Coke but regular Coke is better than regualr Pepsi and Diet Coke with lime is good with a little rum. (Maybe I shouldn't say that because I'm not legal yet...9 months). These are major differences in cola.
Wait, what was the point of my rant? Okay, now I remember...I'm determined to go a concert for less than the ticket price. I know this because each bottle of Coke is worth 500 points so at $1 a bottle (unless you buy from an inconvience store)and I only need 17 more bottles of Coke to get two tickets. The value of each ticket is $35. I think I'm getting a deal here. Or maybe I'm just one of those idiotic people who's convinced they are getting deal but in reality they're getting hosed. I have no idea but I'm going to a concert this summer with or without coke points...
And in the words of Mudvayne I'm so "f*cking determined."

5 comments:

dilling said...

Dr. Pepper with fresh lime is yummy, but no points... and, on a hot summer day? Putting your feet up and sucking on a Coca Cola slurpee with rum is quite nice, though you didn't hear it from me, cuz you're not legal. What concert do you want to see?

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

I don't care who I see, I just like the live music, watching people perform, and everyone together having a great time. I would like to go to Edgefest2 because Yellowcard is playing.I was hoping Billy Idol was coming this way but no such luck.

Heidi the Hick said...

I AM DESPONDENT OVER MY LACK OF RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS TICKETS.

Also bummed out that the Raconteurs and the Darkness are not coming to Canada this year.

I know you are already fully aware of this but I just wanted to reiterate.

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

I was not fully aware of The Darkness sitaution. I am aware of the Red Hot Chilli Pepper situation. To make myself feel better about the lack of RHCP tix, I have entered every friggin contest to win tix to RHCP.

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

Thanks for the compliments. I'm still working on some stuff but I think it can only get better.