Monday, July 10, 2006

I hate Public Transit

"Why do you hate public transit?"
One might ask me and my response would be this:
  • I hate sitting next to people I don't know
  • The drivers are always rude.
  • People are loud and obnoxious, they can never keep to themselves.
  • People smell, some smell okay but some are drenched in cologne and then I sneeze. Which apparently grosses people out. But wait, I have a solution, "Don't swim in your cologne"
  • It's expense. $13 for 10 bus tickets ( thats if you can get away with using the reduced for seniors or highschool students) or $2.25 for one way.
  • It's crowded, and people never give up their seats for small children or the elderly.
  • Students put their bags on seats so no one can sit down.
  • The routes suck and you can never get anywhere on time
  • The buses are either early or late, so you miss your bus no matter what you do.
  • People always talk me - even if I give them the "I don't like you" face
  • And finally, I must not be very tolerant of people because any one who rides the bus acts like they are mentally challenged which is somewhat of an insult to the mentally challenged because some of them behave better than others on the bus.

Now, I could continue on why I hate the bus but I won't bore you with that any longer. So, don't ask why I hate public transit and we won't go through this speech again.

4 comments:

dilling said...

I don't really do public transportation much...I don't really do PUBLIC that much...we were at Butchart Gardens for the day and for fireworks over the weekend and now I feel an overwhelming desire to stay in my home, away from everyone for a week, maybe two. A field of people crammed together(elbow to elbow with folks I don't know) for a fireworks show(after spending a long hot day wandering through miles of garden in the beating sun and eating nothing but concession food) smells much like public transportation. Ew.

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

I used to have to take the school special to school and in the winters the bus drivers would cram all the students on the bus like a can of sardines. My friend and I decided after two years to wait 2o minutes in the cold for the next one where we wouldn't be crammed together like it was the end of the world.

The Fashion Diva said...

I can understand where you're coming from. I used to live in London and had to take a packed Tube train all the way across the city. I will say, however, that even though I did have many of the same experiences you've had, it didn't seem to be that frequently. People there in general just seemed to be a bit more polite and conscious of other people's space compared to some of the places I've used public transport in the States.

Heidi the Hick said...

Okay.

I hope Dilling goes over to read Life or Something Like it because she can relate to the crowd thing. As can I.

And I know what the Diva speaks of because my experiences in London have been horrid (crowds, pollution and -gasp- other tourists) but also very nice because oddly, the British seem to have a clue about Personal Space....