Sunday, July 09, 2006

Bloggity, blog, blog

Yes, the title has a made up word in it, but that is essentially aside from the point. Recently, I have decided to read other people's blogs and leave comments for them in hopes that they would come to my blog. And so far it, has not worked. But again, aside from the point.

I have noticed in my blogging, and my blog research there is some weird stuff out there. Some of it, I appreciate because like them I, too am a strange individual. I realize that what a person puts on a blog is completely up to them but some it frightens me and my semi -naive mind. Some of the blogs were racist, sexually explicit and not in the English language. I realize that
I do not have to read or view these blogs but they appear so quickly on your screen that by the time you hit the "Next Blog" button you have already been given a free show. Now imagine, your computer freezes with one of these free show blogs on your monitor. That has not happened to me yet but it has happened to other people in my house and I all I can say is "Yikes!"

Sometimes, I fear hitting the "Next Blog" button because I have no idea what I will stumble across. I want to read other people's blogs but how can I do that if I fear the unknown blogs and what they might contain. I guess, I'll just have to face my blog fear and continue on my blogging journey in order to seperate the crap from the good stuff.

6 comments:

Heidi the Hick said...

I don't use the "Next Blog" button anymore! It's friggin scary!

I suggest going through links on blogs you like. That way you might find some that are kind of in common with yours. You can get pretty far jumping links.

There is some really awful stuff out there, though.

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

Yeah, mostly frightening. Nothing ever entertaining.

dilling said...

I do read your blog...I followed the link through Hick Chic...but I found her through hitting the Next Blog button, so you just never know. I usually am the most "self contained" person I know, so commenting on someone else's blog is initially an overwhelming thought...but I really appreciate you stopping by my "place" and certainly do enjoy stopping by yours!

Heidi the Hick said...

REally? I was on the freak list of Next Blog? wow....

tee hee

The Fashion Diva said...

I actually found your blog through the update scroll list.

I hope you don't mind me stopping by and commenting. I find your writings rather refreshing compared to many other people your age and many other blogs I have visited in general. :)

I agree....there are some pretty wild things out there and you don't usually have to look too hard to find them. YIKES!

I've been known to swear like a sailor at times (think it's somewhat a casualty of having lived in London and being married to an Englishman...lol) but I would never put up things like X-rated pics and stuff on my blog.

Christine Staley said...

Well, I'm narcisstic and love to know who's visiting my blog, so I check out my stats and visit everybody who comes and visits my blog :)

That's how I found yours!

I do use the next blog on an occassion, and become thoroughly annoyed when bloggers remove it from their page and I get stuck, having to go back to go forward again...

guess that's kind of like life in a way, some times you gotta take a step backwards to move forward...

wow. that was way to deep for not having had my coffee yet...