Tuesday, July 04, 2006

My Adventures at Lutherwood

This morning I rose bright and early to start the job hunt. I began my journey by calling about a receptionist job at a Hair Salon. I received a call back to drop off my resume because they were interested in me.
So after my phone call I decided to go to Lutherwood hoping that they would help me find a job, and help me post my resume. At Lutherwood I met "Pete" who was semi cute but kind of useless. He gets paid $15+ to tell me to use "big words" on my resume and expand on my duties from previous jobs. It was kind of a double edged sword in that they were helpful in giving me pointers on how to improve my resume and a website address for job postings in my area but they didn't help me post my resume or find a job. It was kind of a waste of time. I could have gotten that address from anywhere and as for my resume it was fine the way it was because I already had an employee from Lutherwood help me write it. To top off my experience he gave me a list of big words to use on my resume.

It aggravated me because it made me feel like an idiot, so "Thanks for nothing Pete." It doesn't matter what he says anyways because, get ready for this ...I have a job interview at a grocery store next week. Go me. I am not useless. I think the receptionist job might go my way as well being that I am the only person that has applied for it. But, the receptionist job probably won't work around school in the fall whereas the grocery store job will work around my schedule. It doesn't matter right now because I need a job and will take either one.

Well, I will post my results of the interview and such next week unless it doesn't go my way and I'm upset and feeling useless again.

1 comment:

Heidi the Hick said...

I think the receptionist job would be %100 perfect for you. If they offer it, TAKE IT. You never know, they might be able to find a spot for you in September.

If not, grocery store. Back up plan. Smart like Paris.