Friday, July 07, 2006

In my head...

it's a scary place. Actually I am going to tell you about the inner workings of my subconcious mind - my dreams. One of them was fantastic while the other was a little spooky. I'll tell you the good dream first and then you can decide if you want to read about the spooky dream.
Okay, the first dream is about me and Jon Bon Jovi.
It's hot and steamy, like this picture.
Okay, it's really not but what's not to like about Jon?

Anyways, it goes like this...
I was in my dorm at college and it was a co-ed dorm with 3 other roommates. Two males, myself and another female. I have no freakin' idea as to why it was co-ed because the colleges DO NOT do that. Trust me, I read the booklet. So, the first roommate was my ex boyfriend No. 1, and then Jon as in Jon lead singer from Bon Jovi and some ugly red headed girl. Aside from the point. So Jon and I are friends, it's the 80's, we're all the same age, it's all good. We party together, go to concerts, pick on the ex and ugly girl. So, it flips to a couple years later and Jon and I are getting married but Richie Sambora isn't there because I don't like him. (I don't like Richie because he's dating Denise Richards and she's fighting dirty in court against Charlie Sheen. She's accused Charlie of being inappropriate with their children and I don't believe that because if that was the case Denise is such a Diva that she would never put up with that). So Jon and I are looking beautiful when this bark awakes me from my slumber and my future with Jon. The little dog, has awoken me but I quickly fall back to sleep to finish marrying Jon but all that happens is some concert going, song writing, driving nice cars and making fun of Richie. My future with Jon is pretty uneventful except for the part where I beat up the girl who does the version of "Who says you can't go home" because I absolutely hate that version of the song and she needs to be kicked for that.

My theory on WHY I love the 80's so much.
I think I love the 80' so much because I believe that I had a past life in the 80's where I died just before I was born. I probably died of some drug overdose or sexually related disease because my dad once told me all people ever did in the 80's was sleep around and do drugs, so this death is quite possible. Anyways, I think I was some party girl in the 80's with two different colored parrot earrings and a seashell necklace. I probably partied with Aerosmith and Billy Idol, and I was probably good friends with Madonna or so I like to think.
Okay, I don't really believe in reincarnation but I thought of this theory while doing my laundry today and thought it was kind of silly, random and should be posted on my blog. It also made me feel better about loving the 80's so freakin' much.

My spooky dream is about my granfather who I was really close with and died 7 years ago. I have this recurring dream where he doesn't die or he comes back to life but he only lives for three more days after he actually died. When he comes back, it's as if nothing ever changed and he has nothing meaningful to say, he's just there. And in my dreams he's not sick, he's just there and every time I say to him "Every day for the last seven years I have wanted to pick up the phone and call but I can't because you are dead." Another phrase that I often say to him is "You missed out on so much, but I'm just so happy that you are, things have changed so much."And he says nothing in return, he just keeps working on his boats in the basement workshop as if I'm not even there or sometimes he just looks at me. And when he does this, I feel like screaming but I'm just so happy he's here but then he dies again and it's a vicious cycle of everything I went through for the last seven years.
I don't know what to make of this dream. It confuses me and makes me want to cry. I think it must be because the anniversary if his death is on tuesday.

See, I told you this part of my head isn't scary, it's the other parts.

4 comments:

The Fashion Diva said...

I think your dream about JBJ was fairly uneventful because even though people like him lead what most of us think are glamourous lives, underneath it all, they are just people doing their jobs. I've always thought about them in that respect but it became even more clear after meeting the rockstars that I have.

As someone who was a pre-teen/teen during the 80s, I can understand why some of the younger crowd today might like it. For me anyway it was just kind of a fun time. School sucked but there were always good moives and music to escape in. Even today I love watching those movies, listening to that music, and going to Bon Jovi/Def Leppard/etc concerts. They may be not be in their 20s anymore but many of them still got it and there's just something about having a chance to revisit those years in some capacity.

Concerning the dream of your granddad...I would say that it probably was influenced by the anniversary of his death coming up. Maybe it's also a way to let you know that even though he isn't here anymore, he's watching over you and doing something that he enjoys. ;)

Heidi the Hick said...

Yep, what she said.

Also that thing about the parrot earrings...you should ask your mother about that.

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

I know about the parrot earrings, for some reason I just like to make fun of them.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I think you are insane..but then I realize I have been friends with you for quite awhile, and I should expect dreams like this to come from your brain. Quite the imagination you have...hope that first dream comes true for ya! haha!