Thursday, July 13, 2006

Green is definately my color

It's a good thing green is my color. It's a good thing because that's the color of my uniform at the grocery store where I was hired today. I officially start working on Monday. I'm only half excited. I'm excited because now I will have money - which can be exchanged for goods and services. I'm unexcited because I hate food basics and maybe you noticed that I am not a big fan of people. People stress me out because they get in large groups and turn stupid. It's a fact, especially with young boys, you get them together and all their stupid ideas become actions. For example on Canada Day, I went to the park with one of my friends and all his guy friends, they spent the majority of the night shooting roman candles at each other.
There are some good things about the job that do not include people, such as :
  • I get money
  • I can keep the job during the school year
  • The only part of the uniform that they are strict about is the green golf shirt but I get to choose what type of dark pants and shoes I want to wear
  • There are some hot looking packers, which makes the day somewhat more enjoyable -it's okay to watch people

So, wish me luck because training and working starts Monday - with people and I have to ride the bus.

7 comments:

Heidi the Hick said...

repeat after me:

Hot grocery store boys

Hot grocery store boys.

Think of Hedley's video for 3 2 1

You'll be ok.

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

I forgot about that video. Maybe Jacob will come into the store. But thats IF he doesn't go to the U.S. like he's supposed to...okay he's already there with the rest of the band, opening up for another one of my fav bands...Yellowcard.

Heidi the Hick said...

I'm missing out on Yellowcard. I'm also really too old to "get" Hedley, but don't care!

dilling said...

A few years back, I worked at a grocery store...the produce manager and asst. manager were both easy on the eyes...and still are. I stop in whenever I get back home. Congratulations.

Heidi the Hick said...

Yeah the pretty stock boy was the high point of my 7 months at Zellers. Gotta find a high point.

dilling said...

Hey, ya know, thinking back, green was our colour,too, and is the colour at the TWO grocery stores I shop at now. What gives?

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

Well, i'm working at Food Basics on Monday. Food Basics is like the ghetto grocery store where they do the bare minimum. There isn't even a formal uniform - just a green golf shirt and you can wear whatever dark pants you want. Lame.